Sometimes, flossing gets a bad wrap. Sometimes, patients just assume it’s not that important as long as they are brushing and remembering to schedule their visits with us. The truth is, it’s important to floss and it’s actually easy and comfortable. As for how much you really know on this dental hygiene topic, let’s dig a bit deeper with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you don’t floss, then you are not completing your daily dental hygiene that we suggest for you to keep your smile healthy and clean.
- True or False: In order to floss as we suggest, you should be flossing in the morning, the afternoon, and the evening.
- True or False: It’s essential that you floss your smile in its entirety (behind your back most teeth, too), or you may be leaving behind plaque and organic content that can lead to problems like decay.
- True. If you avoid flossing, then your dental hygiene is not complete. You may think that you can get everything as clean as it needs to be with your toothbrush and your toothpaste alone but this is incorrect! Flossing is a necessary aspect of daily care.
- False. You should only floss one time every day in an effort to keep your smile healthy. You may floss more if you want to but once is enough.
- True. When you miss even one area, you leave your smile vulnerable to the disease and damage that often follows as the result of accumulating plaque, tartar, and ignored food debris.
Protect Your Oral Health By Flossing
Don’t overlook the importance of flossing. Just once daily can make a powerful impact when it comes to protecting your oral health. Need tips? Ask us! To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kalyan Nadella or Dr. Benjamin Walder, call Columbia Dental & Orthodontics in East Dallas, TX today at (214) 827-8000. We also gladly serve patients in Mesquite, Oak Cliff, Garland, and all surrounding communities.