What better time to give some thought to how one might “go green” with dental care than on St. Patrick’s Day? While you’re literally seeing green around you, it’s a good time to reflect on your own practices in oral health as well as the efforts we make in our office to promote healthy smiles and a healthy environment. If you have never made the connection before, you may be in for some new and interesting facts. Or – you may discover you’ve been doing your part to prevent tooth decay and protect the planet for quite a while. Find out with a fun quiz!
“Going Green” Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: While conserving water is always a good way to “go green,” there’s not really any way to approach this method of protecting our planet when it comes to your dental care.
- True or False: One of the reasons we offer digital X-rays for your oral health exams is to help prevent polluting the environment.
- True or False: Offering online patient forms is another way we promote a green practice.
- False. You can save a lot of water on a daily basis, while protecting your oral health. Rather than leaving your water running throughout your morning and evening brushing sessions, we suggest you turn it on to wet your toothbrush and then turn it off. Then, when you rinse your mouth, turn it on again. Over time, the water you save can truly add up.
- True. In addition to the fact that digital X-rays offer precision when we examine your oral health, while emitting a greatly reduced amount of radiation, they also help us protect the Earth. Requiring no processing chemicals or film, they result in little to no waste.
- True. By receiving your information electronically, we cut out the need for paper, while we work together to save trees.