Do you suffer from bruxism? Have you recently visited us to discuss receiving bruxism treatment and you are extremely happy to be on a path that leads toward relief? While you know that a healthy smile is in your future, are you curious about what’s been causing your involuntary grinding or clenching? Perhaps you wonder if you should be addressing other areas of your life that may interfere with treatment. Learn more with a quick quiz.
Bruxism Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re suffering from bruxism, it’s only a matter of your personality. If you are high-strung, A-type, or otherwise, there’s simply nothing you can do to get your bruxism to completely stop.
- True or False: It’s extremely important to avoid or manage stress in your life – this will contribute to your bruxism treatment.
- True or False: If you have already suffered from bruxism for years, receiving treatment from our practice can no longer help.
- False. While it is true that more intense personalities have a tendency to suffer from bruxism more frequently, it does not mean these individuals cannot find protection and relief. Bruxism treatment and addressing other lifestyle factors offers effective care.
- True. Though your dental problem is involuntary, it is worsened by stress. Finding ways to achieve relaxation will help.
- False. Treatment is always beneficial. However, if damage has occurred, we may also suggest restorations to improve all aspects of your oral health.