If you have a cavity, then you need treatment. Without attention, a cavity could lead to serious oral health complications. Fortunately, we can often fix the problem with a tooth-colored filling. How do we create and place these natural looking restorations?
Try Our Quiz on Tooth-Colored Fillings
- True or False: A toothache could be a sign of decay.
- True or False: Without treatment a cavity can lead to an infection.
- True or False: We can fix the problem in one visit.
- True or False: The filling will look natural.
- True. If you develop a cavity, you may initially experience tooth sensitivity, especially when consuming hot or cold foods and drinks. Later, a toothache can form that won’t subside, even after 48 hours. At this point, you may have a serious cavity that requires immediate treatment.
- True. We want to remind our readers that an untreated cavity will allow bacteria to spread through the tooth until it reaches the inner pulp. Your tooth’s nerve center, the pulp keeps the tooth alive and healthy. Once bacteria and the pulp meet, an infection or abscess can form, one that will eventually threaten the stability of your tooth.
- True. A filling involves removing the decay, cleaning the tooth, and applying a metal-free composite resin. We can shade the material to ensure it blends with surrounding tooth structure. We cure the material with a special light, completing the entire process in one visit.
- True. We use composite resin because it’s safe for patients of all ages, even those with metal allergies, and because it offers a restoration that matches the tooth and blends with the smile. If you have any questions about tooth decay or our tooth-colored fillings, then contact our team today.
Do You Need A Filling?
We can provide a lifelike solution to tooth decay. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kalyan Nadella or Dr. Benjamin Walder, call Columbia Dental & Orthodontics in East Dallas, TX today at (214) 827-8000. We also gladly serve patients in Mesquite, Oak Cliff, Garland, and all surrounding communities.