Are you getting married soon? Whether the date you’ve set is a few months away, a year away, or any other amount of time, there’s one thing that will always be true: This wondrous and exciting moment in your life should bring with it some serious smiles! Of course, it would be so much nice if those grins were healthy, bright, and beautiful (especially as you prep for tons of photos during your celebration). Our East Dallas, TX team would love to help you get started as you begin your married life with a quick yet comprehensive guide that will ensure your smile care is headed in the right direction.
Share Your Care (But Not Your Products)
You will certainly be sharing a lot throughout your marriage and we encourage you to share your smile care habits! When you’re both brushing, flossing, and keeping up with visits to our practice together, it makes it easier to be held accountable and stay right on track. You may wish to talk about when you’re planning on setting up dental checkups and cleanings, encourage one another to visit us when you need a restorative treatment, and you may even want to set up visits together! What you definitely don’t want to do, however, is:
- You don’t want to share the same toothbrush! Even in a pinch, this is oversharing because you’ll be swapping some bacteria that should really stay in your own mouths!
- Toothpaste and other items when you’re sick. Keep things separate when you’re not feeling well, so that you don’t spread germs.
- The same toothbrush drying space. It’s okay to have brushes near one another but it’s best not to have bristles pressed together!
Prep Early For The Wedding
You should really start preparing early for your wedding! Feel like you’ve heard this already? You probably have and, though we certainly don’t want to add any stress to your experience, we think once you consider the details, you’ll realize this is actually a great stress reliever. Consider the following:
- If you want a whiter smile or other cosmetic smile care, schedule it a month or more out, so you don’t wait too long!
- Call us to get your smile health in tip top shape, so this is one thing you absolutely don’t have to give a second thought as you’re enjoying this new love-filled journey!
Make Your Smile Its Best With Smile Care!
Come in to receive the smile care you need as your wedding day approaches, so your smile is healthy and gorgeous. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kalyan Nadella or Dr. Benjamin Walder, call Columbia Dental & Orthodontics in East Dallas, TX today at (214) 827-8000. We also gladly serve patients in Mesquite, Oak Cliff, Garland, and all surrounding communities.