Have you been under the impression that dental cleanings are necessary only if you are not doing a very good job caring for your smile at home? Perhaps you are under the opposite impression and have been thinking that they are always necessary, even if your smile is healthy. To receive clarification regarding frequency (and more) when it comes to cleanings, we cordially invite you to make your way through a brief yet informative quiz.
Cleaning Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We suggest all patients schedule preventive dental visits (which include an exam and dental cleaning) once every six months.
- True or False: You need a dental cleaning because your efforts at home – even if they are exceptional – will not remove a sufficient amount of plaque and tartar.
- True or False: Avoiding your cleanings will look obvious but the health of your teeth is not going to suffer as a result.
- True. Everyone benefits from preventive care. We suggest twice-annual dental cleanings and exams. However, if you are suffering from periodontal disease, we may suggest more frequent appointments.
- True. Even if you follow our prevention suggestions exactly as we lay them out for you, it is still impossible to thoroughly remove plaque and tartar by yourself.
- False. In addition to your smile potentially looking a bit less vibrant, skipping even one cleaning may greatly increase your likelihood of suffering from cavities or problems with your gum health. Keep up with cleanings and exams (in addition to home care) for your healthiest smile.