If we were to ask you to show another one of our patients exactly how to follow best practices in dental hygiene, would you be able to guide this person through a brushing session correctly? Do you think your technique, your methods, your approach, etc., are all shining examples of how to care for your oral health? Or, do you think you may have some pointers to offer but there’s still stuff you need to know or re-learn? A quiz will help you answer these questions!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are about to brush your teeth, the best thing to do is to begin by flossing. If you wait until after you brush, you’re doing it all wrong.
- True or False: When you brush your teeth, it’s important for effective dental hygiene that you only clean the parts of your smile that are visible. The inner, tongue-facing surfaces of your teeth, for instance, remain clean on their own.
- True or False: You should never rush through your experience with brushing, even if you feel fairly certain that you’re still doing so with a thorough approach.
- False. Remember that you only need to floss one time every day to accomplish your dental hygiene. In addition, you may begin by flossing or you can follow your brushing with a flossing session. It’s up to you.
- False. If you want your care to offer effective results, you’ve got to brush all of your teeth surfaces that you can reach (include those facing your tongue).
- True. You might think that your rushed attempt is actually a very good one. Unfortunately, it’s just not possible to get everything clean, to do so gently, and to give your gums the delicate care they require if you’re going full speed ahead!
Schedule Your Checkup Today!
If you haven’t been keeping up with your two-times-per-year visits, now is the time to get back on schedule with cleanings and checkups. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kalyan Nadella or Dr. Benjamin Walder, call Columbia Dental & Orthodontics in East Dallas, TX today at (214) 827-8000. We also gladly serve patients in Mesquite, Oak Cliff, Garland, and all surrounding communities.